Working in IT can be like war, we are in the trenches, issues all around. Problems jump up and attack without you even noticing. We must keep a watchful eye on all areas of our environment, and attack issues, before they get us!
I’ve been called many things over the years… Jarett, RJ, A**hole, and most recently I was dubbed JK-47 by my coworkers. JK-47 , The Weapon. I have a knack for thinking up creative solutions to the biggest problems, to defuse a potential explosive technical situation, when time has run out, and money is on the line.
I am the Principal Technologist based in PA, working with a kick ass VAR. I have more than 20 years of industry experience, having worked at companies such as Oracle, CSC, Planalytics, and others.
Throughout my career, I have worked extensively with Oracle databases (since 7.3), Unix (Irix/HPUX 10-11.31/Solaris 2.4 – 10 and many more), Linux, Virtualization (VMware since .9 wks beta), and network security. Currently, I design, architect, and implement solution for almost any product you can think of in technology. As you’ll be able to see from my posts, I tend to work most with NetApp, VMware, Oracle, Cisco, and Unix.
My heart belongs to NetApp and Cisco UCS! I am on the #NetappATeam and am a #CiscoChampion.
I have a cert for every letter from A-Z. A few include:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Data Center (CCNP Data Center)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Data Center (CCNA Data Center)
- Cisco Unified Computing Technology Support Specialist
- Cisco Unified Computing Technology Design Specialist (CS-CUCTDS)
- Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric Design Specialist
- NetApp Certified SAN Implementation Engineer (NCIE-SAN) – Cluster Mode
- NetApp Certified SAN Implementation Engineer (NCIE-SAN) – 7-Mode
- NetApp Certified Data Management Administrator (NCDA) – Cluster Mode
- NetApp Certified Data Management Administrator (NCDA) – 7-Mode
- NetApp Accredited Sales Professional (NASP)
- VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5 (VCP5)
- VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5 – Cloud (VCP5-Cloud)
- VMware Technical Sales Professional (VTSP5)
- F5 Certified Product Consultant (CSP F5-PCL)
- Riverbed Certified Solutions Associate – WAN (RCSA-W)
- Riverbed Technical Sales Specialist – WAN (RTSS-W)
- Riverbed Technical Sales Associate – WAN (RTSA-W)
- Riverbed Technical Sales Specialist – Network Performance Management (RTSS-NPM)
- Riverbed Technical Sales Associate – Network Performance Management (RTSA-NPM)
- Dell/Compellent Top Gun Storage Architect (CML-TGSA)
- Symantec Technical Specialist – NetBackup 7 – Unix
- Symantec Technical Specialist – NetBackup 7 – Windows
- EMC Velocity Systems Engineer (Consolidate) 2012
- EMC Velocity Systems Engineer (Backup & Recovery) 2012
Though, I feel no certification truly represents someones knowledge and experiences. Since I started my current job working for a VAR to many enterprise software and hardware companies, I have been required to pickup many. To me, they are just like a fun game to get, some play Sudoku, I try to pickup at least a cert a month to keep the mind crunching and fresh. Just kidding, that’s all BS. Really, I just get bored, and play in the lab often, and take tests to pass time.
If you are looking for a solution to a problem, a SAN, virtualization/vdi, just about anything, send me a message. It is never too early to prepare for a disaster!
My posts are my own opinion and experiences, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer, my dog, my ex-wife, or anyone else. I am incredibly opinionated. I don’t tolerate poor design, and I speak my mind too much. Read the blog long enough and I’m sure something I say will piss you off. I’m serious… I will.